Today, I was nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award by Joely Smith (FashionBeyondForty.com). This is a blogger who I respect and adore. I have read her blog for months now, and admired her work. She is absolutely incredible, and never in a million years did I assume she would even know Nonperfect Parenting. Thank you Joely, for your kind words and your nomination.
When you consider nominating a fellow blogger for the Versatile Blogger Award, consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them.
Honor those bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or only now and then.
I am truly honored to be among those bloggers who have been nominated. You are all such amazing writers and storytellers. Each one of you are truly wonderful, no matter if you are just starting out or if you are a seasoned blogger.
So now my duties as a Versatile Blogger are the following and those who I nominate below should follow these same rules:
Thank your nominator and post the award on your blog. You don’t have to link them, but it’s the right thing to do – since they just tagged you.
Share 7 things about yourself.
Nominate bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award, please remember to let them know they’ve been nominated!
Seven Things About Me:
1) I used to be insanely OCD about cleaning, to the point that it was probably unhealthy. Bleach was one of my favorite smells. Then, the three children won the clean battle. My house is constantly in shambles, you stick to my counters, and we have fun...a lot.
2) I'm the oldest child in my family of four, and my hubby is an only child. I am fully convinced birth order is the only reason we get along so well. He constantly needs nurtured and attention and I am used to it.
3) I never wanted kids when I was growing up. I had to babysit all my little brothers, so I hated kids. Then, I had my own and I figured out, I really liked them after all.
4) I have been a vegetarian since I was thirteen years old. My parents thought it was a fad, and I would grow out of it. It has been twenty-some years.
5) We have an insane amount of bookshelves in our home, packed full of books. All five of us love reading and we are book packrats.
6) I am terrified of the dark. So much so, that when my hubby travels I keep every light on in the house. I'm like a 5 year old when it comes to bedtime.
7) Nonperfect Parenting is one of the cooolest things I have ever created. I am truly proud of it. If I can help one mom or dad, one special needs family, or just one person, than I have done something so amazing. It is truly worth everything I have ever invested.
Alright, Now the Bloggers I Nominate:
Surviving 5 Kids: I nominate you because I admire you as a businesswoman and a mother. With five children, you still manage to hold it together and have fun. You inspire me to try harder each day! Thank you!
All About Parents: I nominate you because you are such a valuable resource of information. You and your website have taught me so much! Thank you!
Stylishmom.Me: I nominate you because I respect you as a mommy and a blogger. I admire everything you do and how hard you work. You have helped me from pretty much the beginning. Thank you!
Lizzies Cabin Primitives I nominate you because I love your crafts and stories. Your blog is beautiful. I am so blessed to have met you. Thank you for being a wonderful and caring person.
Sweepstakes Diva: I nominate you because your blog is a wealth of incredible information. I love that each time I visit, I find something new. When I have a question, I know right where to go! Thank you for being awesome!
Mean Mommy Magic: You are an incredible wealth of knowledge and you are so funny! Thank you for your awesome friendship and your wonderful blog! I appreciate you! Thank you!
Coloure My Obsessions: I nominate you because I do not follow many beauty blogs, because I am not a girly girl. However, when the blogger is beautiful inside and out, then the blog is completely amazing! Thank you!
Congrats to all the above mentioned bloggers and thank you for influencing my writing and my life! Thank you again Joely!