If you are looking to get a new bedroom on a budget, it isn't that difficult. By just changing a few things in our daughter's room, we gave it a completely new look! Remember, when you are redecorating, sticking to a budget is the key. For our kiddo's birthday we wanted to give her an updated "teen" look to her room, but we didn't want to spend a ton. So, the budget was set and we were determined to stick to it!
     The existing wall color was pink and the carpet was purple. Lucky for us, these are still our daughter's favorite colors and they worked well for what we had planned for the room. So, no painting was needed. We did add these fabulous floating bookshelves, that you can easily do in any room of your home!
     Our big expenditure for the makeover was the bed. Previously, she was in a loft bed, but she had outgrown it. So, we donated it and purchased this super cute daybed that she loved. It is really awesome because it also has drawer storage under it for clothes or other necessities.
     Many of the room items we re-purposed by painting. Other items were purchased from garage sells, second hand stores, etc.
     Finally, the icing on the cake was the bedding and curtains. These truly pulled the entire look of the room together. The bedding set, curtains and the throw are all from Lush Decor a fantastic online retailer. I love that at Lush Decor, they have high quality items at fantastic prices. Currently, they have a code running until 10/19 that allows you to take 20% off of your order, which makes it even more affordable for you to redecorate your home!
     The curtains I chose for the room are the Gala Window Curtain. These were a fun and whimsical addition to the room and perfect for a teen girl. The rich purple features circle patterns over the curtain which creates a ruffle pattern. These are awesome for any purple lover like my daughter!
     The Boho Stripe is a five piece set that works perfectly in a teen room. I love that it is still "pretty" but not too "girly". When we surprised her with her makeover, she absolutely loved the bedding. You can buy the Boho Stripe throw at an additional cost.

Comments

10/30/2016 6:23am

I just love those colors! So incredibly bright!

04/09/2017 1:33am

The photos on your article looks very creative and decent. I always wanted to re-design my room, but I worry about the money that it might cost me. It is a good thing that you shared some of the wonderful and cheap finds on your article. I cannot believe that you spent cheaply and still able to come up with a creative looking bedroom. Now I cannot wait to have some designing of my own.

laura
11/03/2016 8:52pm

Thanks for the great tips! I love this bedding!

Elena
11/07/2016 6:11am

Looks nice I love the colors

I agree that it's important to think carefully about what the underlying reason is for a website, the dogs example fits the bill perfectly :)

11/30/2016 8:17am

great post

04/27/2017 4:02am

A large number of people use contemporary furniture to decorate their living room. These furniture can give your living room a modern look as well as add comfort to your life. Moreover, you have a wide range of furniture from which you can select.

05/09/2017 2:19am

07/04/2017 5:10pm

Create customized cutting boards with monograms, designs, and quotes. Our designs look great on coffee tables and in kitchens. Choose from marble or wood.

07/05/2017 12:25pm

When adding a bathroom cabinet to your bathroom one of the main considerations to make is what type of doors the cabinet has. From minimalistic single doors to multi-functional mirrored doors, this guide lists the different types of cabinet doors you can choose and what bathroom setting they would complement best.

07/05/2017 6:00pm

We use only the best parts of the wood, and we take our time to carefully trim the wood to your exact specification and needs, and we then polish it off by applying two coats of clear lacquer for an extra nice finish

07/31/2017 12:47pm

Buying a new mattress can be just as hard as buying a new car. You wouldn't buy a car just because it looked nice. You would probably read up on that particular model and even take it for a test drive.

08/04/2017 7:17am

It has been some time since I visited website with such high quality information. Thank you so much for providing such helpful information. This is really informative and I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks.